I love to make this easy and bright lemon chicken dish to impress company. Thyme and oregano add an extra flavor element to bring out the light flavor of the lemon chicken. It can be served with rice or pasta and any type of vegetables!
I recently made this baked chicken recipe for Boyfriend Sunshine, and we were both wowed by the light and bright lemon flavor of this easy dish. I made a vow to myself that when I entertain guests in my future home, this is the chicken recipe I will serve.
This lemon chicken recipe can be served with pasta or rice on the side. The chicken can be sliced and placed on top of rice or pasta with the shrimp, and you can spoon the juices on top to make a yummy lemon rice or pasta dinner. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities for this chicken dinner.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste (or lemon herb pepper to kick it up a notch)
- 1 12oz package raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 lemons, cut into slices
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Pat the chicken breasts dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 13x9in baking dish and arrange 6-8 slices of the lemon around the chicken. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, warm the olive oil and add the garlic, cooking until fragrant. Turn off the heat and add ¼ cup of the dry white wine, the oregano, and the thyme. Squeeze the juice of 4 or 5 of the lemon slices into the pan and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pan with the chicken breasts, cover with foil, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, add the rest of the white wine to the saute pan and heat on the lowest setting. Add the shrimp.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining slices of lemon in to the shrimp, and place the lemon skins among the shrimp in the pan. Cover and let sit, stirring occasionally.
- After the chicken is done baking, add the shrimp/wine mixture, cover with the foil and allow for the dish to set about 10 minutes.
- Serve over or with pasta or rice and veggies. Enjoy!