Intense. That’s how my husband describes this dessert. With chocolate 2 ways, and loads of caramel, I think it’s a perfect way to describe what I have named “Chocolate Chocolate Caramel Bars”. These addicting bars don’t mess around.
1 11oz bag caramel bits or 50- 60 caramels
1 box german chocolate cake mix
1 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 1/2 sticks butter(3/4 cup), melted
1 12oz package semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add the caramels and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk to a saucepan. Melt until smooth over medium heat, stirring frequently.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, remaining evaporated milk, and melted butter until thoroughly combined.
3. Spread a little over 1/2 of the cake mix batter into the bottom of a prepared 9×9 inch baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the partially cooked brownie. Next, drizzle the melted caramel evenly over the chocolate chips.
5. Using a small spoon, drop any remaining batter onto the top of the caramel. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are crispy and lightly browned. Let the brownies cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe from: RecipeGirl