If you follow me on instagram or twitter, you know I have hardcore cravings sometimes. I am talking the type of cravings that take over your mind until you decide to inhale your hearts desire. It’s annoying.
However, great recipes are born from my cravings every now and then. And this cheesy pasta dish is one of them!
All you have to do is mix up some spinach, spices, and cheeses, fill some giant pasta shells, add sauce, bake, and you are set!
I mean, you can’t argue with pasta and cheese.
- 24 large pasta shells, cooked, rinsed, and cooled
- 10 oz bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 13.5 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 8 oz brick of cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups skim or 1% milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 4oz feta cheese
- Add all the filling ingredients to a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low- medium heat until melted. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook until the mixture turns golden, about 6 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, heat only the milk until just about to bowl. Add slowly to the butter/flour mixture, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring to a boil and heat for about 9 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in the salt and cheese. Spread about half a cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9in baking pan. Set sauce aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Fill all the shells with the spinach artichoke mixture, placing each shell in the pan as you go. Drizzle the rest of the sauce on top of the shells. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy.