These sweet and salty patriotic peanut butter pretzel treats are only 3 ingredients and take less than 10 minutes to make. How can it get any better than that?
We have many “food days” at my day job, and when my co-worker Sandy graced one of our food days with the presence of Rolo Turtles, everyone spent the entire work day snacking and raving about these salty sweet treats. I, especially, felt those pesky little beings called calories sew my pants tighter and tighter as I ate more of her delicious treats.
After I selfishly obtained the easy recipe from my co-worker, I vowed to myself to only make the recipe for holidays, because one time I read online that calories don’t count on holidays. And Abraham Lincoln said you should always believe everything you read online.
In my variation, I’ve replaced the Rolo’s with miniature peanut butter cups, and the pecans with patriotic chocolate candies. The result is just as addicting as the inspiration it came from. How would you switch this recipe up?
- Square Pretzels
- Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- Red, White, and Blue Chocolate Candies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pretzels on a baking sheet.
- Place a miniature peanut butter cup on each pretzel, wide side down.
- Bake the bites in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the chocolate just begins to melt. Remove from oven.
- Place a red chocolate candy on top of a peanut butter cup and gently press, repeat with a white chocolate candy, repeat again with a blue chocolate candy. Continue until all the cups have one chocolate candy on top.
- Place the candies in the freezer to harden, or enjoy while gooey and warm.