Making homemade bread is a challenge. Well, for me it is. For awhile, I just COULD NOT figure out the art of homemade bread. Trust me, there were many failed attempts. When I was successful with my rosemary bread recipe, I got a little more confidant. I did a little more research and found an easy no knead bread recipe that seemed foolproof. It was, and it turned out absolutely delicious.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 packet (2¼ tsp) instant yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups water
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, and salt. Slowly add the water and stir until just blended, the dough will be shaggy.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 4 hours.
- When the dough is done rising, lightly oil a work surface. Turn the dough on to the surface and fold it in to itself a couple times. Return the dough to the bowl and let it rise for 30 more minutes.
- Put a 6-8 quart cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees, allowing the skillet to heat up in the oven.
- When the dough is done rising and the oven is preheated, remove the skillet from the oven and place the dough seam side up in the skillet. Shake the skillet to evenly distribute the dough, cover skillet with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, and bake for 10-15 more minutes.
- After the bread is done baking, wipe the drool from your chin, remove from pan, and let the loaf cool.
I am seriously in love with the bread! If fat and calories did not exist, I would bake a loaf every day and eat the entire thing with butter. Don’t judge.
Recipe from: NY Times